Everything about Profound Studio was designed with communication in mind. It's why screen sharing is included. It's why we encourage direct communication and interaction with your pro. We are obsessed with smooth, uninterrupted workflow so there are NO DOWNLOADS for clients!
Sessions are one-on-one hangouts where the pro discusses the clients needs on video chat before, during and after the work is done. The client will share his tracks with the pro so that he can understand and discuss the clients needs. The final tracks will be sent to the client through private message after the client pays the pro's fee. All the hands on work is done in the pro's studio. No actual recording happens on the Profound Studio video chat (or any other!).
Classes work in much the same way. Everything is LIVE so you'll be able to chat with the instructor and the other students that are in the class and ask questions. When the instructor wishes he can share his screen so the students can see him make changes to the track as he plays it back for them. You'll want to load the track(s) you need help with to your profile (Song Files) and/or the instructors shared Dropbox in advance of the session/class.
This tutorial will explain the steps of a session or class.
- Register on the site.
- Send your pro a message to request a FREE consultation and to begin working together.
- The pro generates a secure chat room and sends the link to your profile.
- Send your project tracks to the pro in a secure private message.
- Meet on video, listen to your tracks, show your project to the pro by sharing your screen and discuss how they can help you.
- Agree on a price and schedule, pay the deposit and load your project files to the pros inbox.
- Check in regularly with your pro on video chat during the project to discuss the work.
- Approve the final work and pay the remainder of the pros fee.
- Thank your pro and visit them on holidays.
A few tips to get the most out of the chat:
- Install and use Google Chrome browser for video chat sessions.
- Have a webcam (HD is best) so you can hangout with your pro on video chat.
- Get your FREE consultation with any pro who looks like a good fit.
- Have your files ready to link/upload to your pro (Dropbox preferred).
All the communications on Profound Studio are the most up-to-date and highest quality. The bulk of the work is done by WebRTC, a new standard in video AND audio quality and ease of use. It all takes place within the browser with only one stop between you and your pro or client. The audio component is call Opus. It is unmatched for interactive speech and music transmission over the Internet (bitrates up to 510 kbs and sample rates up to 48 kHz). All of this will allow for dynamic interactions between users like live auditioning of instrumental parts with the client listening in real-time and live changes to mixes all streamed to the other party(s).